It's when you start to play golf that you learn fastest. If you have bad golfing habits today, you probably learned them when you first took up golf. But the good news is that anyone can break bad habits and learn good ones. Here are a couple of tips to help you on your way to playing better golf.
1. Your aim is vitally important. If you can't send the ball in the right direction you will never get it in any of the holes. The clubface is the only thing that propels the ball, so line up the clubface with the target first, then take your stance with your feet and shoulders parallel to the target line.
2. Always aim away from potential problems. Tee the ball on the side where the problem is. This will help to keep the ball in play and avoid penalties.
3. Club path is the key too consistency. If your club path is not on plane your contact and direction is going to be inconsistent. When you can get your path on plane or have an in to out swing your contact will improve.
4. Have a go to short game shot. Short game is a part of the game that allows for more creativity. With this comes more options and that requires a lot of practice time to consistently hit the shot on the course. I recommend having a go to short game shot that you can count on the majority of the time. Click here to watch a video.
5. Get your putt to roll on the intended line. Having a putting stroke that gets your ball to roll toward the target is key to making more putts. Focus on keeping your arms tight to your body to allow the putter to swing on a natural arc.
6. Solid contact will increase your distance. Instead of focusing on increasing your clubhead speed to hit the ball further try to improve your contact first. When you can hit the ball in the center of the clubface your ball speed will increase and that will increase your distance.
7. Improve your score by knowing when it is okay to play it safe. When you find yourself in trouble find the best solution to make bogey or double bogey. The fastest way to improve your score is to eliminate big numbers.
Innovative Golf Club Grip Solution
Enjoy a Fresh New Grip Feel in 1 Minute